Pioneer 12″ HPM900 DIY Aftermarket Recone Kit. The original graphite cones are not available. Parts Specifications:
Please note: It is very important to measure your parts and compare to our measurements. The HPM900 speaker has been made several different ways, so this kit will not fit all HPM900 models. This is a difficult recone if you have not reconed before. If you prefer, you can send the speakers to us to recone for you.
- Cone: 12″ butyl rubber surround wet look paper body, 2.2″ deep, 2.5″ voice coil opening
- Voice Coil: 2.58″ inside diameter, 1.875″ VC form length, 1.0″ windings width, 8 ohms.
- Cup Spider 6.029″ wide with 2.5″ VC opening, .575 cup height (replaces original flat spider. fits inside the ledge where the flat spider would sit)
- Dustcap: Paper 3.5″ wide, dome lip up
- Gasket: re-use original
- Pigtails, shims, and instructions are included.
***The spider’s voice coil opening will need to be enlarged to allow the cone to drop low enough for the cone’s surround to contact the frame. The spider will need to be glued to the cone after its voice coil opening has been enlarged****
If you only need to replace the foam surround that attaches the graphite cone to the speaker frame, then use the RFK128 foam kits. Note, it is very difficult to remove the original foam surround without damaging the graphite cone.
Recone kit parts are subject to availability. We try to keep most parts in stock, but some parts will require 6-10 day lead time. Specific parts and specs are subject to change but replacement parts will be matched as closely as possible.