Acoustic Research AR11 11″ Aftermarket DIY Recone Kit. (Used in AR3A, AR58, AR9, AR9LSI, AR98, AR10, AR10PI, AR11 & others) Parts Specifications:
- Cone: 10.5″ gray foam edge, 2.210″ deep, 2.0″ voice coil opening.
- Voice coil: kapton form with 1.992 inside diameter, 2.0″ vc form length, 1.093″ windings width, 4 ohms
- Flat Spider: 6.072″ wide with 2.0″ vc opening,
- Dustcap: 2.875″ screen lip up
- Pigtails, shims and instructions are included.
- You will also need glue and epoxy which are sold separately.
Questions about how to repair? See Reconing Video and Reconing FAQ’s
Specific parts and specs are subject to change but replacement parts will be matched as closely as possible.
Wayne Bishop –
I have a pair of AS-103’s, the Heathkit Version of the AR3A. There are basically the same except for the cabinet and grille. The reconing went perfect and in the course of renewing the cones, I redid the crossovers to modern standards with better caps and coils. I also replaced the level controls as well. To complete the project I refinished the cabinets in a gloss black with lots of hand rubbing to bring out the shine. I would recommend this kit to anyone who wants to bring their AR3A’s back to life.